Monday, October 26, 2020

END SARS Poem: END SARS - Agboola Moyinoluwa

 

END SARS

 


 

 

The police is said to be 'my friend'

To care listen love and defend

 

But we have had terrible experiences from SARS

Because of being young, hairstyle, dressing or cars

 

The presence of my so-called friends made me tremble with fears 

The presence of my so-called friends flood my eyes with tears 

 

Without warrant searching my pocket and phone 

My bag and laptop as if they are your own

 

You kidnap and lock our people up 

why should we be scared when our so-called friends pull up?

 

I will shoot you and nothing will happen the police said 

And before we know it the guy is dead 

 

Why should our human rights be abused? 

For a minute put yourselves in our shoes 

 

Special anti-robbery squad is your duty 

But you extort more of the innocent than the guilty

 

You are to protect the lives of the people 

Not to kill, injure, rape or threaten with  rifle

 

The leaders of tomorrow are dying

The blood of the innocent a crying

 

And the government of the people by the people 

Are turning their ears to the voices of the people 

 

Arise my youthful compatriot 

A new Nigeria's call Obey

We won't give up, never we won't

 

#endsars

#endswat

#endpolicebrutality

 

Agboola Moyinoluwa

No comments:

Post a Comment

END SARS Essay: Did The Protest Really Fail? -Isaac Mighty Emmanuel

  DID THE PROTEST REALLY FAIL?   In the Igbo lore an adage tells us that whatever time a man wakes up that's his own morning. ...