Thursday, October 22, 2020

END SARS Poem: I Will Not Forget - Lekan Malik

 

I WILL NOT FORGET


 

 

From years past,

You've been treated badly.

You look at me with disdain daily.

You steal my wealth

And extort my penny.

You drain my strength

And blur my vision.

Still, I kept quiet,

But you derive pleasure in your endless wickedness.

You stretch me by and by 

Till I pecked the wall.

Just because I want my peace

And to make my intentions known to your deaf ears.

I sat by and care not to wander nor wonder why.

You waited for dusk to come

To lay your lethal ambush

And then you attacked harmless me

With your armed self,

Making me groan in my own pool of blood.

I am not afraid!

I am not a coward!

I will not forget!

I will come back!

My back turn 

Is not a will to surrender.

Know this assuredly,

I will attack for my defence

War is peace,

Death is life.

 

Lekan Malik

 

 

About The Poet

 

Lekan Malik is a poet, story writer and learned editor. He is the founder of Citadel of the Literati.

No comments:

Post a Comment

END SARS Essay: Did The Protest Really Fail? -Isaac Mighty Emmanuel

  DID THE PROTEST REALLY FAIL?   In the Igbo lore an adage tells us that whatever time a man wakes up that's his own morning. ...